It's okay, you can admit it, every so often in the middle of the night you are jolted from a deep slumber by the realization that you have no idea where you can find a complete list of Presbyterians on twitter. It's okay, it happens to all of us. Our collective need for connectionalism online and in real life is strong. Embrace it.
To do my part to ensure sound and restful nights of sleep for Presbyterians everywhere, here are three lists that will get you well on your way to following and being followed by those who self-identify as related to the Presbyterian Church (USA).
- Presbyterian People #1: @breyeschow/pcpeeps
- Presbyterian People #2: @breyeschow/pcpeeps2
- Presbyterian Organizations: @breyeschow/pcorgs
How to use these lists:
- Follow the lists w/o following the people . . . The best thing about twitter lists is that you can track the people on the list without having to actually follow each person. If you click on any of the links above and then click on the box "Follow this list" the list will show up on your profile as one of the "Lists you follow." You can then click on the list to see what folks are up to. The downside is that you have to remember to click on the list as the tweets will not automatically show up in your twitter stream.
- Find people to follow . . . Each of the links above takes you to the main list page. If you want to actually find folks to follow, you should then click on the tab titled "Followed" and then go through the list. You can easily follow people by clicking on the "Follow" button by each name.
- Get followed by others . . . Go to your twitter profile and look at the right hand side of your profile. Just under the heading "Followers" will see a headed titled, "Listed." Click that and see if you are already on any of the above lists. If you are not, please reply to @breyeschow with your name and relationship to the PCUSA and I'll add you and/or your org.
Now there are probably many more lists out there that break Presbyterians down into other subsets, so please feel free to leave a link here to share. And again, if you are not included on any of these lists, be sure to shoot me a reply on twitter to @breyeschow and I'll add you and/or you organization.
And if you want to RT this info, here is a ReTweetable Tweet.
Oh . . . and you really should be following: @presbyterian.